Reading through the records I have found so far on my uncle. Here is some information that I need clarification on --
- Basic Training Centre
- General Service - indicates a volunteer, not a conscript
- think it's Field Regs & Instructions - generally related to discipline
- oftencombined with an Army Act (AA) reference that is easier to look up
- Cdn Infantry Training Centre
- probably a specific section of FR&I
T.A.B.T. some type of med?
- inoculations - Typhoid/Paratyphoid A&B/Tetanus I think
- Royal Artillery, but probably something else with context
SOS #12 D.D. effective. 12 Feb. 43 to #CA (B)TC
- Struck Off Strength #12 District Depot ... Cdn Army Basic Training Centre
- with the number, you can determine where he did Basic training
- 12 DD was the Army 'establishment' in Sask
TOS A16 CITCCA
- Taken On Strength #16 (Advanced) Cdn Infantry Training Centre (Canada?)
- A16 was in Calgary
FOP Special duty
- FAP? for all purposes
SO L.S.R. to 2 CIRU wef 2Dec 43 on Adm to 12 CDN. GEN. HOSPITAL.
- SOS Lake Superior Regt with effect from ... on admission to
Trans. From 12 CGH to #1 Spec. wef 7 12 43.
- transfer from 12 Cdn General Hosp to #1 Special Hosp