Old 02-14-2017, 09:42 AM   #1
Lorraine Campbell

Default Sgt. Charles May, Royal Canadian Engineer

How do I add photos?
Lorraine Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 10:02 AM   #2
FredericSmith

Hello,

I am relatively new here, but familiar with forums so I might be able to help.

When you post or answer in a thread, you will see a bunch of tools over the window where you type your message. Some are pretty common if you are familiar with any text editor like Word. You will also get an icon that looks like a landscape painting (second line, 5th icon from the right).

Click that. It will ask for the URL of your image. Which means that your image must be hosted on the Internet. Some websites will do that for you for free and provide a URL (a link) that you can refer to. I personnaly use imageshack for such purpose.

Hope it helps,

Cheers!

Webmaster : www.lequebecetlesguerres.org
Founder : www.parcoursdeguerre.ca
FredericSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 12:28 PM   #3
Temujin

Lorraine, Fred is correct, but to give you more info.

First you must "post" your picture on a picture webhosting site. I use Photobucket, but their are others. You need to pick one and use it. Once you picture has been placed in your account, it will give you a "URL" that you can copy and paste as Fred said. You click on the icon above your Canada at War post that looks like a Post Card, or a landscape, this will bring up a box that you then "paste" the URL that you copied from your file hosting site. Close, and presto, the photo will show up on this site. I'll try and make some "screen shots" of "how to do this" and post them on this thread.

Last edited by Temujin : 02-14-2017 at 01:16 PM.
Temujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 12:57 PM   #4
Temujin

Here are some helpful hints to post a photo:

FIRST, you need to sign up for a "photo or file sharing service", I use Photobucket, but their are many others that work.

SECOND, you then UPLOAD your photo to your account on the photo sharing service, and when uploaded it will look like this example. The photo is now ON your service, to the side, you see different methods of adding or sharing photo's, I use the DIRECT method (SEE THE RED ARROW), I COPY the URL that is INSIDE the box

THIRD, now you OPEN the Canada at War site, you go to the THREAD you wish to add the Photo, OR start a new thread, when you OPEN the NEW THREAD, this box opens to add your message, you CLICK on the button indicated, it looks like a POST CARD or a LANDSCAPE

FOURTH, when you CLICK on the "photo button", the box shown now appears

FIFTH, the box should now look like this, with the URL that you copied, PASTED into the box, you now can click on OK

When you click OK, this is what should appear on your post, and now you can add text etc before you SUBMIT the post......when you SUBMIT, the photo will now appear on the post

The photo is now on the website, this link shows you the photo that I added for you

http://www.canadaatwar.ca/forums/sho...9537#post19537

Last edited by Temujin : 02-14-2017 at 01:15 PM.
Temujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 01:55 PM   #5
FredericSmith

And THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is how every forum should answer this question! I will bookmark this post.

Webmaster : www.lequebecetlesguerres.org
Founder : www.parcoursdeguerre.ca
FredericSmith is offline   Reply With Quote