Old 02-11-2017, 04:25 PM   #1
dave gale
watkins4

Default Raymond Eric Bousfield

I am trying to find my cousin Raymond E Bousfield who served from Feb. 1942 to Dec. 1945 in the Canadian Army, Personal Records obtained from Ottawa list him as U2018 and he was discharged in Vancouver B.C. in Dec. 1945 I have not found any records for his death Can anyone provide any clue where i should look for him
thanks Dave
dave gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 05:33 PM   #2
Temujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave gale View Post
I am trying to find my cousin Raymond E Bousfield who served from Feb. 1942 to Dec. 1945 in the Canadian Army, Personal Records obtained from Ottawa list him as U2018 and he was discharged in Vancouver B.C. in Dec. 1945 I have not found any records for his death Can anyone provide any clue where i should look for him
thanks Dave
Hello Dave.

First U2018. This service number indicates that he Enlisted Oversea's, and he enlisted in the Reserve's

Can you give us any other information. Does he records tell you which unit he was with? Although his date of birth etc or any other clues you can give (wife's name etc etc etc)

I notice on another website you mention in was born in 1923 in Eton, Buckinghamshire, UK

You mention you have his military records? Do you have his full records? And what else do they tell you?

If you don't have his records, you could order them thru LAC with the Service Number you have.

Last edited by Temujin : 02-11-2017 at 06:01 PM.
Temujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 10:07 PM   #3
Temujin

Searched the Province of British Columbia cemetary database and could not find his name (he may have not passed away yet). Here's the list on the database of Bousfield

So the Violet on this list, "may" be his mother???

Last edited by Temujin : 02-14-2017 at 01:32 AM.
Old 02-11-2017, 10:26 PM   #4
Temujin

Found this newspaper article, this is a Victoria, B.C. Newspaper

Old 02-13-2017, 11:56 PM   #5
dave gale
watkins4

Default Raymond Eric Bousfield

Hello Temujin The record or attestation paper i have indicates prev. RASC war service from Feb. 26 1942 to Apr.11 1943 dated Apr.12 1943 at C.M.H.Q, London signed by J.M. Bryne Captain AG.6B C.M.H.Q. As far as i know he never married. He was born in England i Eton Bucks between Jan and mar.1923 ,but immigrated to Canada when he was 1 year old. He received medals France and Italy and Germany stars His service and casualty forms indicate unit CDN ASC Reinf. His mother's
name was Violet and he lived a good deal of his life in Victoria B,C. i HAVE Contacted the legion here with no success. I do not know much about the military or the L.A.C. Dave
Old 02-14-2017, 01:07 AM   #6
Temujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave gale View Post
Hello Temujin The record or attestation paper i have indicates prev. RASC war service from Feb. 26 1942 to Apr.11 1943 dated Apr.12 1943 at C.M.H.Q, London signed by J.M. Bryne Captain AG.6B C.M.H.Q. As far as i know he never married. He was born in England i Eton Bucks between Jan and mar.1923 ,but immigrated to Canada when he was 1 year old. He received medals France and Italy and Germany stars His service and casualty forms indicate unit CDN ASC Reinf. His mother's
name was Violet and he lived a good deal of his life in Victoria B,C. i HAVE Contacted the legion here with no success. I do not know much about the military or the L.A.C. Dave
Thank you. I'll see if I can find anything else. So his papers say he served in the Royal Army Service Corps (this would have been in the British Army), and his last unit was the Canadian Army Service Corps Reinforcments.

I'll check the info again and see if I can find anything else. Did Violet live in Victoria also?
Old 02-14-2017, 01:26 AM   #7
Temujin

He may still be living in Nanaimo, B.C. Here's the info and phone number

R E Bousfield
720 Nightingale Cres
Nanaimo BC V9S 2N6

Telephone: 250-753-1094

Last edited by Temujin : 02-14-2017 at 01:31 AM.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:30 PM   #8
dave gale
watkins4

Thank you Temujin I will attempt to contact Raymond with my brother and get back to you Thank you again, for your help Dave
Old 02-21-2017, 01:04 AM   #9
dave gale
watkins4

Default raymond eric bousfield

Hello Temujin We tried that phone no with no success.His mother's name was Violet .That was a 4 plex rental ,and the no was no longer in service. We contacted the people who rented same but they said it was just rented in Dec,They could not give a forwarding address and did not know or recognize the Bousfield name. He may have a partner and the rental could have been in another name.What dates did you have him at this address? We phoned the Nanaimo General Hospital ,but had no luck there also. Would there be any chance he is registered at the Legion? Dave