Old 07-29-2017, 12:22 PM   #1
Kraymer66

Default Private Wallace Hargraves Key

I am searching for any relatives of my Great Uncle Private Wallace H, Key, 75th Battalion. He was killed in action on August 9, 1918 during the advance and capture of Le Quesnel in France. He is buried in he Beaucourt Churchyard (Beaucourt British Cemetery). I was wondering if anyone might have a picture or more information about him. I am planning on visiting his grace in France next year. I am also looking for any information. I have quite a bit from ancestry.ca, but am always looking for more.
Kraymer66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 03:14 PM   #2
Temujin

Here's a link to his military records. Just click on the PDF file when you open the link and you can download his file

http://www.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/discove...dNumber=498572
Temujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 03:16 PM   #3
Temujin

Battalion Hat Badge

Unit Patch (worn on shoulder)

Last edited by Temujin : 07-29-2017 at 03:20 PM.
Old 07-29-2017, 03:27 PM   #4
Temujin

Old 07-29-2017, 03:32 PM   #5
Temujin

From the Annie Boyes collection courtesy of the Simcoe County Archives. http://www.simcoe.ca/dpt/arc
Old 12-03-2017, 01:37 PM   #6
jlsmith1

Default Wallace Hargraves Key

My wife, Caroline Jean Key Smith and I visited Paris in February 2014. Caroline is Harold Douglas Key's Daughter. Harold is the son of James Albert and Effie Key. On a Saturday morning, we took the train from Paris to Amiens. At the train station (after some effort - taxis are not that common in Amiens) we found a taxi to take us to Beaucourt Cemetery. Caroline had printed out some information, including a google map from Amiens to Beaucourt. Our taxi driver spoke some English and I speak some French, and so we communicated fairly well. The trip there took about 20 minutes. Beaucourt is a very small village of about a dozen homes or so. The cemetery is well hidden, but it is beautiful, quiet, and very well cared for. The taxi trip cost about 60 Euros. We also visited Simcoe Country north of Toronto last year and found a copy of his funeral program, a letter from the General to the family, etc. Contact Caroline at canucksmith@comcast.net and she'll be happy to share. She is looking for Genealogical data on the Key line. (please share how you are related).
jlsmith1 is offline   Reply With Quote