PDA

View Full Version : Books and Reference Material

rlaughton
12-03-2006, 02:38 PM
For those that are looking for information, I can tell you that I have the following references in my library and I will look up specific material on a case-by-case basis. My concentration is the Great War but I do some reading on WWII.

Granatstein, J.L. 2005. The Last Good War - An Illustrated History of Canada in the Second World War.Douglas & McIntyre. Ltd., Vancouver.

Goddard, L. 2004. D-Day Juno Beach - Canada's 24 Hours of Destiny. The Dundurn Group, Toronto.

Heathcote, B. 2002. Testaments of Honour - Personal Histories of Canada's War Veterans. Doubleday Canada.

Barris, T. 2004. JUNO - Canadians at D-Day June 6, 1944. Thomas Allen Publishers, Toronto.

I also have the complete Time-Life series on WWII but they are currently out on loan.

Erik
12-04-2006, 03:30 PM
A Nation Forged in Fire - Granatstein & Morton

Have you read this, if so, how is it? I'm thinking of picking it up.

rlaughton
01-14-2007, 03:25 PM
I can add to the list the following, thanks to Santa:

Copp,T. 2003. Fields of Fire - The Canadians in Normandy. University of Toronto Press, Toronto Canada.

Heathcoat, B. 2005. A Soldier's View - The Personal Photographs of Canadians at War, 1939-1945. Doubleday, Random House of Canada Limited.

Bishop, W.A. 2004. True Canadian Heroes in the Air. Key Porter Books Limited, Toronto Canada.

Lewis, J. E. (editor).2006. The Giant Book of Battles - The Art and Science of Modern Warfare. Magpie Books, Constable & Robinson Ltd., London UK.